You Can't Choose Your Parents


The online photo journal of Pippa Hope Davies, age 6 months

Monday, June 05, 2006

Upside-Down


I decided it was about time I turned upside down. Don't ask me why, but apparently it's what I was supposed to be doing around now. Mum seemed to be getting a bit concerned that I was still right-side-up. Strange woman.

Anyway, to keep her quiet I've decided to stand on my head for a while. Makes things interesting I suppose - there's not really much to do in here, so I'm grateful for the change of scenery. Plus I get to kick a whole different part of Mum! With only 7 weeks to go I figure it'll save me the job of turning round later on anyway. The way things are going in here there might not be much space to move by then!

Mum went to the doctors again today and they poked and prodded me and put my heartbeat on the speaker for Mum to hear. She seemed happy with it, so I guess I'm doing ok.

Dad was singing to me today - he's preparing to sing a barbershop number for someone's wedding. He's doing the really high notes and even I can hear he's not doing them that well yet. Mum and me are both getting pretty fed up with that song. Come the wedding September I think I'll just cry right through it - that'll teach him...

6 Comments:

  • You should be doing the high notes. Those long ones that your Dad does, on 'Waaaah! Waaaah! Waaaah!'

    By Blogger boxthejack, at Tuesday, June 06, 2006  

  • Well done for turning round. Here's a tip on the 'bits of mum to kick' thing. If you kick firmly upwards, you can get her ribs with your feet and SIMULTANEOUSLY get a header in her bladder.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, June 16, 2006  

  • Thanks Shrub!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, June 16, 2006  

  • Hello! That stuff about kicking... it really is great fun. I did loads of the simultaneous heading stuff. My mum was just recovering from it, and was starting to feel safe, when I realised that I can still do damage, especially now I'm 7 months old and can stand up on her tummy and jump up and down. It's great fun out here. Looking forward to you joining us.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, June 17, 2006  

  • Everyone at ICC is delighted to hear of Pippa's safe arrival. Looks gorgeous! Hope Bonnie is recovering ( and Jamie ! )
    Ruth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, August 02, 2006  

  • Thanks Ruth. I will make sure that i come in to visit all you folk at ICC very soon. Looking forward to meeting you all!
    Pip

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home