You Can't Choose Your Parents


The online photo journal of Pippa Hope Davies, age 6 months

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Arrival

Hello everyone. Well, I'm here. At 5.19pm on Tuesday the 1st of August I decided to come out into the world. Mum had been trying to convince me for around 36 hours, and the last 17 hours were particularly convincing. So I gave up resisting and came to see what all the fuss was about. To be honest my previous accommodation had become rather constricting for my tastes by then.

Mum and Dad were there, looking pretty tired out (it turns out they hadn't slept in a couple of days - don't know why not). Here are some of my first moments. I was 9lbs and 7oz (not sure why everyone needs to know my weight - seems very rude and unladylike to me!)

Mum and Dad finally gave me a name - Philippa Hope. My Uncle Phil is convinced it's because he's so cool. But that's just silly. You can call me Pippa if you like. Or Pip. But definitely not Pipsqueak like Dad does. Or Pippadeedoodah. Or Pippapotamus. Got it?

5 Comments:

  • Welcome to the world Pippa! Mum and Dad look really proud and you're clinging on to them both claiming them as your own! Look forward to meeting you...

    Fantastic news! We're delighted for you all. Love Louise & Ali. xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, August 02, 2006  

  • Hmm... we were considering suing for blatant copyright violations of Pippa's nicknames, but maybe we'll just be flattered ;)

    Your Pippa is gorgeous, and we shall bookmark your blog and follow it avidly!

    God bless your new little family!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, August 03, 2006  

  • Sorry that Mum and Dad didn't acknowledge their sources! But imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, after all!

    I'm very sad that we weren't able to have a meeting of Pippas before you leave... but maybe in November we'll have to get together and compare notes.

    By Blogger Jamie, at Friday, August 04, 2006  

  • Congratulations to your Mum and your Dad. I wouldn't normally comment on a girl's weight, but for your Mum's sake, I must acknowledge that you are rather a chunk! She has been some woman to carry you around for so long and then allow you to make your own way into the world I'm a man and I'm wincing ... You're looking good though Pippa, and you carry your weight very well I must say. Hope your enjoying all the attention. Milk it ... its good for your Mum and Dad too.

    By Blogger Johnny, at Friday, August 04, 2006  

  • I'm happy to share my nicknames. Sorry my mum was so cheeky about it! How embarrassing!

    I very much look forward to meeting you in November, so you must plan on being in Edinburgh on the 26th. You'll be much bigger and cleverer by then!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home