You Can't Choose Your Parents


The online photo journal of Pippa Hope Davies, age 6 months

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Glencoe

This week Uncle Daniel and Auntie Katie came to visit me. Mummy and Daddy put us all in the car and we went to Glencoe for the day. You might not know this, but in February 1692, my ancestors the MacDonald clan (mummy's family name - give or take an 'a'!) generously had the Campbell clan over for dinner, a game of cards and to stay the night. The next morning - the 13th of February 1692, about a hundred MacDonalds, incuding women and children, were killed at Glencoe by the nasty Campbells. Boo! Nevertheless, it's a lovely place. We had some fun for the day...


Uncle Daniel took me sky diving









We went for a little walk,
which i found very tiring.




Uncle Dan and Auntie Kate were a bit faster than me!

2 Comments:

  • If there are any Campbells reading this (you know who you are!) I would like to say that I still want to be your friend. Just don't expect me to invite you over for cards!

    By Blogger Jamie, at Saturday, February 17, 2007  

  • I was Googleing "Nasty Campbells" and your blog page came up
    beautiful website!
    I'm related to Thomson's (or Thompson) who have some distant alligiance to Campbell all so many years ago..but it's so creepy, the horror stories that are out there for us to read, about what our ancestors were up to.
    Nice baby!!!
    thanks
    di

    By Blogger jamfiddler, at Tuesday, December 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home