You Can't Choose Your Parents


The online photo journal of Pippa Hope Davies, age 6 months

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Dedication

I was dedicated this morning. I'm not totally sure what that means, but from what everyone was saying it looks like it was about Mum and Dad making promises that they'll pray for me and bring me up to love God.

Pastor Keith prayed for me and for Mum and Dad, and all the church agreed with him. He said that he thought I was going to be the kind of person that lights up the room when they walk in. I thought that was really nice (but don't I do that already?). Someone else said they believed I was going to turn into a person who is a friend of God. That was cool. All in all it was a very special day.
Grandma and Grandad Mac were there, and so were Uncle Daniel and Aunty Katie. I also have some other important people in my life now too. Mark, Karen and Caroline are now my Godparents - which means they are the ones I can go to for advice later on when my parents are a little too weird. Oh dear.
">

2 Comments:

  • Caption for the first photo:

    Jamie-'Keith, I don't think now's the time to demonstrate your air saxophone party trick.'

    By Blogger boxthejack, at Monday, September 18, 2006  

  • Hello little pip. I just wanted to say how lovely it was to hear about your dedication. You have lots of people who love you and we are all praying that you will learn to love Jesus in the way we do. Your 'uncle' Paul and 'auntie' Evy are in Hong Kong now (if you dont know where that is mummy and daddy will show you). We hope you are doing well and growing up fast. Give mummy and big hug from 'auntie' Evonne. Look forward to reading more of your blogs - your a very clever little baby writing all this...
    Take care and God Bless

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, October 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home